If for any reason an applicant is not accepted by the institution, the applicant is entitled to a refund of all monies paid under this Agreement. Such refund will be issued within 30 days after the determination of the rejection.
(2) Three-Day Cancellation
An applicant who provides written notice of cancellation within three days (excluding Saturday, Sunday and federal and state holidays) of signing an enrollment agreement is entitled to a refund of all monies paid under this Agreement. No later than 30 days of receiving the notice of cancellation, IBE shall provide the 100% refund.
(3) Other Cancellations prior to the Commencement of programs
An applicant requesting cancellation more than three days after signing an enrollment agreement and making an initial payment, but prior to the commencement of a program, is entitled to a refund of all monies paid minus a seventy five dollar ($75) cancellation fee. No later than 30 days of receiving the notice of cancellation, IBE shall provide the refund.
(4) Refund after the Commencement of a program
① Procedure for Withdrawal / Withdrawal Date
– A student choosing to withdraw from IBE after the commencement of a program is to provide written notice to the Director of IBE. The notice is to indicate the expected last date of attendance and be signed and dated by the student.
– For a student who is on authorized Leave of Absence, the withdrawal date is the date the student was scheduled to return from the Leave of Absence and failed to do so.
– A student will be determined to be withdrawn from the institution if the student has not attended any class for 30 consecutive class days.
– All refunds will be issued within 30 days of the determination of the withdrawal date.
② Tuition Charges / Refunds
After the commencement of classes, the tuition refund amount, minus a seventy five dollar ($75) cancellation fee, shall be determined as follows:
% of the clock hours attempted: Tuition Refund amount:
10% or less At least a 90% refund
More than 10% and less than or equal to 20% At least a 80% refund29
More than 20% and less than or equal to 30% At least a 70% refund
More than 30% and less than or equal to 40% At least a 60% refund
More than 40% and less than or equal to 50% At least a 50% refund
More than 50% No Refund is required
The percentage of the clock hours attempted is determined by dividing the total number of clock hours elapsed from the student’s start date to the student’s last day of attendance, by the total number of clock hours in the program.
③ Books and Supplies
There is no refund for equipment, books and supplies received by a student.
④ Administrative Fees
There is no refund for the Administrative Fees as described in Section 2 of this agreement.
⑤ Refund Date
Refunds will be issued within 30 days of the date of student notification, or date of school determination (withdrawn due to absences or other criteria as specified in IBE catalog), or in the case of a student not returning from an authorized Leave of Absence, within 30 days of the date the student was scheduled to return from the Leave of Absence and did not return.