(1) Program Overview
Health coaching is an emerging profession in the areas of education, health and self-help. Many health-related educational organizations began to provide vocational training for health/wellness coaching. Health coaching is a solution suggested for U.S. health care reform and the National Institute of Health (NIH) proposed adoption of health coaching into primary health care system in 2005. Sedona Health Coaching program trains you with the knowledge, skills and tools that you can use for group and individual coaching. It provides practical business insight, skills and know-how specific to the coaching industry and enhances existing practice for health-related and wellness professionals, such as therapists, counselors, social workers, educators, etc.
(2) Course Description
This program is 50 clock hours.. No credit hours are awarded in this program
- There is no clinical training, practicum, or externship/internship in Sedona Health Coaching program.
(3) Program prerequisites
There are no program prerequisites
(4) Textbooks or Learning Materials
The Textbook and Workbook will be provided by the institute, however there are recommended texts. Recommended texts are:
- Co-Active Coaching: by Laura Whitworth, Karen Kimsey-House, Henry Kimsey-House, Phillip Sandahl
- You Can’t Afford to Get Sick: by Andrew Weil M.D.
- Brain Wave Vibration: by Ilchi Lee
- Brain Rules: by John Medina
- Meridian Exercise 1, 2: by Ilchi Lee
(5) Equipment / technology requirements or competencies
There are no equipment or technology requirements. No specific competencies or certifications are required.
(6) Requirements for Completion/Graduation
- A candidate for graduation must have successfully completed all required course load with a 9cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher.
- The candidate must meet all academic and attendance requirements.
- The candidate must have fulfilled all financial obligations to Institute of Brain Education.
(7) Graduate Employment Opportunities
Program graduates can help others create and sustain healthier and more balanced lifestyles. They can use skills provided in the program for entry into paid occupations as follows:
- They can work in their own homes, creating home offices or coaching clients over the phone.
- They may find their own office spaces or share office spaces with health practitioners such as massage therapists, acupuncturists, chiropractors or doctors.
- Professionals of health-related fields who become certified Health Coaches can improve the
results of their professional practice by addressing their clients’ lifestyle challenges more practically and specifically.
(8) Requirements for graduate to practice
No license or certification is required to practice health coaching.
(9) Tuition, Costs and Fees
- Tuition: $3,900
- Registration fee: $0
- Total fees: $3,900
- Tuition includes meals, accommodation, textbooks and workbooks.